EFFECTIVE MAY 11, 2020, DRIVER TESTING SERVICES WILL RESUME FOR ALL CLASSES OF LICENSES, INCLUDING CLASS F SKILLS TESTING (ROAD).
THE PATROL ASKS:
ALL APPLICANTS TO WEAR FACE COVERINGS
ALL APPLICANTS TO ABIDE BY SOCIAL DISTANCING REQUIREMENTS
APPLICANTS APPEARING FOR SKILLS TESTING TO ARRIVE WITH A SANITIZED VEHICLE AND FACE COVERING (MASK)
- you, a member of your household, a family member, or other personal acquaintance, have been diagnosed with COVID-19;
- you have had contact with any person diagnosed, or suspected of having, COVID-19;
- a medical professional, hospital staff, or other health agency representative has asked you to self-quarantine;
- you have an unexplained fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptom related to COVID-19 or another upper respiratory infection.
The Missouri State Highway Patrol appreciates your cooperation.
Driver & Vehicle Safety Division - History
The newly created Driver and Vehicle Safety Division, formed by merging the Driver Examination Division and the Motor Vehicle Inspection Division, is dedicated to providing roadway safety in the state of Missouri. The division’s uniformed employees will continue to provide their specialized services through two operating sections.
The Driver Examination Section provides a comprehensive driver testing program throughout the state to ensure Missouri licensed drivers have a level of competency consistent with safe driving habits and practices, as well as demonstrated skills and knowledge of Missouri laws related to traffic safety.
The Motor Vehicle Inspection Section is responsible for the statewide administration of Missouri’s Motor Vehicle Safety Inspection Program, School Bus Inspection Program, VIN/Salvage Examination Program, and Emissions Inspection Program. The division provides administrative oversight to over 4,000 motor vehicle safety inspection and emissions inspection stations throughout the state, to ensure Missouri’s motor vehicle inspection laws are followed.
For additional information regarding each section, please access the respective link below...
- Division Director
- Captain Darewin L. Clardy
- Assistant Division Directors
- Senior Chief Examiner
- Rhonda Czarnecki
- Chief Motor Vehicle Inspector
- Gary Campbell
- Division Secretary
- Jennifer J. Canaday
- Contact Info
- DE Phone: (573) 751-2341
- MVI Phone: (573) 526-6132